You can install Greenlight for Visual Studio from the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
Before you begin:
Before you begin, you must have:
- Confirmed you have a supported version of Visual Studio and the plugin supports your code language.
- Stored your API credentials in an API credentials file.
- Confirmed you meet the Greenlight prerequisites.
- If you use a proxy to access Veracode, ensured you have configured the proxy in your IDE, or you might see an authentication error after installing the extension. The Greenlight plugin does not provide proxy settings. To configure a proxy, see the Visual Studio documentation.
To complete this task:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Search for
- In the search results, click the link for the Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio you want to install.
- Click Download to download the VSIX file. If your browser downloads the VSIX file with a ZIP file extension, change the ZIP file extension to VSIX.
- Double-click the VSIX file to start the Visual Studio installer.
- When prompted, select the Visual Studio version you want to use with Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio.
- Click Install.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Rebuild the solution that contains the files you want to scan.