You install Greenlight for Visual Studio from the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
Before you install Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio:
- You have generated Veracode API credentials.
- You have verified that the Veracode Greenlight feature is enabled. Contact Veracode Technical Support to enable this feature.
Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio only supports Visual Studio projects of 10MB or smaller and scans the CS, VB, JS, or ASPX file selected in the project.
- Go to the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Search for Veracode.
- In the search results, click the link for the Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio you want to install.
Click Download to download the VSIX file.
Note: If your browser downloads the VSIX file with a ZIP file extension, change the ZIP file extension to VSIX.
- Double-click the VSIX file to start the Visual Studio installer.
- When prompted, select the Visual Studio version you want to use with Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio.
- Click Install.
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Rebuild the solution that contains the files you want to scan.