You can install Veracode Static for Visual Studio using a standalone VSIX package file.
If you are using the new Veracode Static for Visual Studio, which supports Visual Studio 2022 and 2019, see Veracode Static for Visual Studio (New).
Before you begin:
Before you begin, you must have:
Confirmed you meet the prerequisites for Veracode Static for Visual Studio.
If you can access the Visual Studio Marketplace from Visual Studio, you can download and install Veracode Static for Visual Studio from within the IDE. For example, in Visual Studio 2019, you can select Extensions > Manage Extensions. Then, search for
Veracode to see the list of Veracode extensions available for your version of Visual Studio.
To complete this task:
- Exit Visual Studio.
- Go to the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace.
- Search for
- From the Version dropdown menu, select your version of Visual Studio.
- In the search results, select the link for Veracode Static for Visual Studio.
- Select Download to download the VSIX package file.
- Double-click the VSIX package file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the extension.
- To verify that the installation completed successfully, open Visual Studio and locate the Veracode Static menu.
By default, Veracode Static for Visual Studio automatically checks for updates. To ensure you configure the extension to update automatically, in Visual Studio, select the Automatically update this extension checkbox. If you want to update the extension manually, clear the checkbox and see the Visual Studio documentation for instructions on performing a manual update.