You can install Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ as a plugin in IntelliJ IDEA or Android Studio. The plugin is available from the JetBrains Marketplace.
Before you begin:
- Confirmed you have a supported version of IntelliJ and the plugin supports your code language.
- Stored your API credentials in an API credentials file.
- Starting with Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ version 1.6.0, if you have IntelliJ version 2020 or greater, ensure you have installed JavaFX Runtime for Plugins from the JetBrains Marketplace.
- Confirmed you meet the Greenlight prerequisites.
- If you use a proxy to access Veracode, ensure you have configured the proxy in your IDE, or you might see an authentication error after installing the extension. The Greenlight plugin does not provide proxy settings. To configure a proxy, see the documentation for IntelliJ or Android Studio.
To complete this task:
- Go to the JetBrains Marketplace at https://plugins.jetbrains.com/ and search for
- Click Veracode Greenlight to go to the Veracode Greenlight page.
- Select the Versions tab to show the plugin versions.
- Download the latest release of the Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ plugin. The plugin is a ZIP file.
- In IntelliJ, select File > Settings.
- In the Settings window, select Plugins.
- Click the gear icon and select Install Plugin from Disk.
- Select the ZIP file for the Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ plugin and click OK.
- Click Accept to accept the notice and proceed with the installation.
- Restart IntelliJ to complete the installation.
IntelliJ detects your API credentials file and you can start using the plugin to scan your code. If you have not configured an API credentials file, or there is an issue with the file or your credentials, you see the Veracode Configure Your Credentials window. You can also add your API credentials to IntelliJ.