Hide a Proxy Password in Azure DevOps or TFS
You can add a variable in Azure DevOps or Team Foundation Server (TFS) to hide a proxy password and prevent that password from being shown in console logs of build or release pipelines.
To complete this task:
- In your Azure DevOps or TFS project, go to the Build or Release window and select the Variables tab.
- Select + Add to add a new variable.
- Enter the variable name in the Name field and enter the proxy password in the Value field.
- To hide the password, select the lock icon , so that the icon changes to locked.
- For the Veracode Flaw Importer task, in the Proxy Settings field, add the password as a variable. For example, if the variable name is
- For the Veracode Upload and Scan task, in the Optional Arguments field, enter the password as a variable. For example, if the variable name is
The proxy password is now hidden from the console logs when you run the pipeline.