You must create an application profile before you can submit a scan to Veracode.
You have the Creator or Security Lead role.
You can also create an application profile with the Applications API.
Note: If a third-party submits the scans for your organization, see Requesting a Third-Party Application Scan for instructions on creating an application.
To create a profile for a new application:
- In the Veracode Platform, select .
Click Add New Application.
- Enter the application name and, optionally, a description.
- Select the business criticality of this application to your organization.
- Select a policy from the dropdown menu if you do not want to use the default policy.
Select the business unit that manages this application.
If the business unit does not yet exist on the menu, an Administrator must add it.
- If you belong to any teams, click Edit below the list of teams to specify which teams can access the application.
Enter the name and email address of the business owner.
The business owner is the person responsible for managing the application and who receives all email notifications about the application.
Select your application settings. The available settings vary depending on your
role, account settings, and
- For Static Scan Dependencies, select whether you can select dependent modules as top-level modules when configuring a static scan.
- For Software Composition Analysis, select whether to enable Veracode Software Composition Analysis scans of this application.
- For Next-Day Consultations, select whether you can schedule next-day consultation calls with Veracode for this application.
- If you want to use tags to organize the application profile, enter comma-separated values in the Tags field.
If you want to set a custom name for the application in the Archer data feed, enter an
Archer application name.
Note: This field is only available to Security Leads.
- Enter values for up to 25 custom fields to add any other metadata on which you want to track or analyze this application.
- Click Submit.