Veracode Greenlight for Visual Studio performs security scans at the file level. For project-level scans, run a Static Analysis in the Veracode Platform. In Visual Studio 2019 and 2022, all extensions are available from the Extensions menu.
Greenlight uses these signed certificates:
- Visual Studio 2019–2022
- Visual Studio 2015–2017
Supported languages and frameworks
- All .NET and .NET Core frameworks with the following exceptions:
- .NET Core versions supported for CSPROJ or VPROJ projects: 2.0, 2.1, 2.2
- .NET Core versions not supported for XPROJ projects: 1.0 and 1.1. The Veracode Static Analysis engine supports .NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 applications. However, .NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 project files in Visual Studio are not the standard CSPROJ or VBPROJ file types.
- For .NET 5, .NET 6, and .NET 7, any projects that use top-level statements are not supported.
- CS, VB, JS, ASCX, ASHX, or ASPX files selected in a .NET project that compiles successfully. If the project does not compile successfully, the plugin does not include the files in the scan.
- Total size of all files in a project must be 10MB or smaller.
- C/C++ files are not supported.