API Usage Guidelines
The XML APIs, REST APIs, and API wrappers have specific prerequisites, but there are general guidelines that apply to all APIs.
- To access the Veracode APIs, you must have a Veracode account with the required roles and Veracode API credentials. See Understanding API Access and Managing API Users.
- For the best experience when using the APIs and wrappers, Veracode strongly recommends that you review the API Best Practices.
- Veracode reserves the right to apply API rate limiting to any account that exceeds the allowed number of API requests within a specific period.
- You cannot use Veracode API credentials with cURL, but you can use them with the HTTPie command-line tool.
- For instructions on using Veracode APIs with Postman, see https://github.com/veracode/veracode-postman.
- To test the security of your API specifications, see Getting Started with Veracode API Scanning.
Veracode APIs and integrations require access to
api.veracode.com. Contact your IT team to ensure these domains are on the allowlist for your organization and that there is one-way communication on port 443 to
api.veracode.com. Refer to the complete list of domains and IP addresses to add to your allowlist. Also, ensure you access the APIs with the domain for your region.