The XML APIs, REST APIs, and API wrappers have specific prerequisites. but there are general guidelines that apply to all APIs.
- To access the Veracode APIs, you must have a Veracode account with the required roles and Veracode API credentials. See Understanding API Access and Managing API Users.
- For the best experience when using the APIs and wrappers, Veracode strongly recommends that you review the API Best Practices.
- Veracode reserves the right to apply API rate limiting to any account that exceeds the allowed number of API requests within a specific period.
- You cannot use Veracode API credentials with cURL, but you can use them with the HTTPie command-line tool.
- For instructions on using Veracode APIs with Postman, see https://github.com/veracode/veracode-postman.
- To test the security of your API specifications, see Getting Started with Veracode API Scanning.