Before you can install and use Veracode SCA Scan for VS Code, you must have:
- A human user account with the Security Lead, Workspace Administrator, Workspace Editor, or Submitter role.
- Configured a Veracode API credentials file with valid API credentials. The extension uses these credentials to authenticate with Veracode, not the SCA agent token.
- Obtained a Veracode SCA subscription.
- Ensured that the SCA workspace My Workspace has an available project slot. The extension can only use My Workspace.
- Added your project to a Git-based repository, or configured a source code management (SCM) environment variable, such as
- Installed a supported version of VS Code.
- Installed a supported package manager.
- If you use a proxy to access Veracode, ensure you have configured a proxy in your IDE. You cannot configure a proxy in the Veracode extension. For more information, see the Microsoft documentation.