You can use Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) version 3 in your agent-based scanning rules to evaluate your vulnerabilities against the latest version of the standard.
You must have the Security Lead, Workspace Administrator, or Workspace Editor role to edit the CVSS version for a workspace rule. You must have the Security Lead role to edit the CVSS version for an organization rule.
- In the Veracode Platform, select .
- Click the Agent-Based Scan tab.
- Select a workspace.
- Click the Custom Rules tab.
- Click Edit.
- Choose a rule control you want to modify or click Add control to create a new control.
For Level, choose if you want violations of this control
to result in an error or a warning.
Note: Errors result in a build failure. Warnings result in log entries to the continuous integration systems, but they do not cause a build failure.
- Expand the control row to display all condition options.
From the Severity dropdown menu, select the CVSS score
you want to use for this control.
- If you want to generate issues based on the CVSS severity, select the Create Issue checkbox.
- Click Save.