Scan with Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ
Before you begin:
- You meet the Greenlight prerequisites.
- You can only use Veracode Greenlight for IntelliJ to scan binaries. Third-party build tools, such as Gradle or Maven, add non-binary files that can cause issues during scanning. If you use a third-party build tool, ensure that:
- The project builds successfully outside IntelliJ or Android Studio. If you have problems such as classpath or buildpath errors, for example, the IDE cannot build the files needed to submit a scan to Veracode Greenlight.
- You have imported your files into IntelliJ or Android Studio using the specific plugin for your third-party build tool.
- Your project includes a build.gradle file, for Gradle, or a .pom file, for Maven. When opening but not importing projects, the IDE generates the project configurations.
- For Gradle, consider synchronizing your project with your IDE before scanning. If you notice errors during scanning, synchronizing your projects might resolve these errors.
- Veracode recommends that you select the option in your IDE for building automatically and that you resolve any blocking build errors.
To complete this task:
Select Tools > Veracode Greenlight > Scan with Greenlight. Alternatively, you can click the green V icon in the menu bar or use the shortkey, Ctrl+Shift+G.
You can also right-click a package file and select Veracode Greenlight > Scan with Greenlight to scan all files contained in the package.
After the scan is complete, review the security findings on the Veracode Greenlight tab.
The Veracode Greenlight results are summarized in the Findings subtab. In the Best Practices subtab, Veracode indicates the CWEs protected against in the code. The scan level indicates whether Veracode scanned at the package level or file level.
Double-click a finding to locate the issue in the specific line of code in the scanned file.
Alternatively, right-click a finding to see the actions you can choose: open the finding in the scanned file, show the finding details in a separate Details pane, or filter by severity or CWE.