Install Veracode SCA Scan for VS Code
You install Veracode SCA Scan for VS Code from the VS Code Marketplace the same as any other extension.
You can only install the extension on one machine. If you install the extension on multiple machines, the extension might fail to authenticate with Veracode.
Before you begin
- Confirm that you meet the prerequisites.
- If you use a proxy to access Veracode, ensure you have configured the proxy, or you might see an authentication error after installing the extension. Microsoft does not support setting a proxy in VS Code extensions. To configure a proxy, see the Microsoft documentation.
If you experience issues during or after the installation, see troubleshooting.
To complete this task:
- Go to the VS Code Marketplace: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/vscode
- Search for
- Select Veracode SCA Scan for VS Code.
- Select Install and follow the on-screen instructions to install the extension in VS Code.
- Restart VS Code to complete the installation.
- In VS Code, on the Activity Bar, select Veracode SCA Scan .
- In the SETUP view, select Install Agent to install a local SCA agent. This SCA agent is specific to the extension and does not affect any other local SCA agents.
By default, the extension detects your Veracode API credentials file and authenticates with Veracode to confirm your credentials are valid. If you added the credentials file after installing the extension and the SCA agent, click Test Authentication to confirm your API credentials are valid. If your API credentials are invalid or expired, you can generate new credentials.