Create an Eclipse Project with References to Source Files
You can create an Eclipse project and add references to the directory containing the source files.
To complete this task:
- Select Window > Show View > Other > Java > Package Explorer.
- Right-click inside the Package Explorer view and select New > Project.
- Enter a name for the new project and click Finish.
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click the new project and select Import.
- Expand the General folder node, select File System. Then, click Next.
- Click Browse.
- Locate and select the parent directory that contains the path shown in the Folder Path column in the Results view. Then, click OK. For example, if the Folder Path column shows a path of
org/apache/http/impl/io, select the parent directory that contains the
- Select the checkbox next to the name of the selected directory.
- Under Options, click Advanced.
- Select the Create links in workspace checkbox.
- Select the Create link locations relative to: PROJECT_LOC checkbox.
- Click Finish.
- Confirm that the path to the files within the Project in Package Explorer matches the path in the Results view.