Create Security Labs Lessons
You can create Security Labs lessons using Security Labs as a sandbox. Veracode can provide you with a template to help you create a lesson, or you can create a lesson from scratch.
Before you begin:
Veracode must enable this feature, and you must be the Security Labs standalone administrator to customize labs.
To complete this task:
- Go to https://securitylabs.veracode.com/modules/update. A list of your modules opens.
- Click Add new module to create a new module that holds one or many lessons, or scroll down to an existing module into which you want to add lessons and click Edit module lessons.
- From the top left click Add new lesson. The new lesson window opens.
- Add the title of your new lesson.
- Add the slug of your lesson. The slug is the last subdirectory of the URL for your lesson. For example, adding
node-sqlimeans the URL of your lesson is
- Choose a stack, which is the language of your lesson.
- Choose a display type.
- Optionally, enter an integer in the New lesson order field to determine the order in which your users see your lesson relative to other lessons.
- Optionally, from the Focus dropdown menu, select a focus to categorize your lesson.
- Click Save new lesson. The Edit lesson window opens.